About Sunshine Counselling & Support Services
We are a Counselling & Support Services practice based in Perth, Western Australia. We help our clients make authentic, meaningful, and mindful choices about how to live. We believe that counselling can provide fertile ground to nurture growth.
In a comfortable and serene atmosphere, We provide a highly personalised approach tailored to your individual needs.
Sunshine Counselling & Support Services is well-trained on effective techniques, passionate about his craft, honing his skills, and share a commitment for empathy and authenticity.
How can Sunshine Counselling & Support Services help you?
Perhaps you have been thinking about having counselling for a while. One day you feel really low and want to speak to someone as soon as possible. The next day you feel a little better and the thought of contacting a counsellor goes away. However, more often than not, the issues that made you feel low are still there and you inevitably feel worse again in a few days’ time.
Sunshine Counselling & Support Services can help you by working through your mental health challenges using evidence-based therapies, with a focus on long-lasting positive outcomes.
Our Vision, Mission & Value Statement
Sunshine Counselling & Support Services vision is to provide culturally competent, holistic and wellness-focused services that support people with a range of disabilities including psychosocial disabilities.
Sunshine Counselling & Support Services is focused on improving mental wellbeing for all individuals through education, advocacy and support.
We strive to:
- Improve the community’s understanding of mental health and the mind-body connection between mental and physical health.
- Provide education and opportunities for individuals to identify early warning signs of mental illness and subsequently provide programs and an environment that supports recovery and improves resilience for these individuals.
- Assure that those who request information and need mental health care referral have confidential access to the appropriate information and know-how to obtain care.
Our Value Statement
Our Values are the set of core beliefs that guide our actions and behaviour. We live our values – they influence the way we treat our participants and their support networks as well as the way we work and interact with our colleagues.
- Every person, regardless of their disability, race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic status, or sexual orientation, has the right and responsibilities to full potential in our society, the right to be treated with compassion, respect and dignity, free from stigma and prejudice.
- Unless we promote community understanding of mental illness, plus tolerance and acceptance of people living with the illness, people will continue to avoid talking about mental illness and also avoid seeking help.
- The goal of treatment is recovery, and those with a mental illness need to be an integral part of their recovery process – decisions, programs, support groups, medication regimens.
- We fulfil our mission most effectively when we collaborate with others and when we actively look for partners to achieve our goals.