The Right Conversation Can Change A Life
Applying for the NDIS
How can you apply for the NDIS?
- If you are already receiving support from other disability support services, the NDIA will contact you to organise a transition when the NDIS becomes available in your area.
- If you are not receiving any disability supports and would like NDIS support, you will need to contact the NDIA and request an access request form. Call NDIS on 1800 800 110 to request an access form.
- Step #1 – Contact the NDIA on 1800 800 110
- Step #2 – Complete Access Form
- Step #3 – Receive NDIA Approval
- Step #4 – Schedule Planning Meeting
- Within the form you will be asked to confirm who you are and need to answer several questions to see if you meet the NDIS access requirements. You may also be asked for some additional information about your disability.
- It is important that you can show how your disability affects your ability to perform daily activities. You can do this by accessing any number of NDIS resources and checklists that help you prepare your application for submission. Some of these resources may include the Getting Ready for Your Planning Conversation Checklist or the Participant Planning Booklet.
- If your application has been approved, you will be contacted by the NDIA or a Local Area Coordinator (LAC). There can be a wait for your application to be processed or between being accepted as an NDIA participant and having your planning meeting.
- If you are waiting to be contacted about your first planning meeting and you have already been provided access to the NDIS, you can call 1800 800 110 to talk to someone about your situation.
Experience The Sunshine Counselling & Support Services Difference
Book An Appointment With Our Team Today
why choose us